We discuss the history of the zombie myth and the most common metaphors and tropes in zombie-related cinema and film.
- Malone, Tyler. (2019, April 1). The zombies of Karl Marx: Horror in capitalism’s wake. Literary Hub. Retrieved March 23, 2022, from https://lithub.com/the-zombies-of-karl-marx-horror-in-capitalisms-wake/
- Lauro, S. J. (2015). The transatlantic zombie: Slavery, rebellion, and living death. Rutgers University Press.
- Mariani, M. (2021, August 4). The tragic, Forgotten history of zombies. The Atlantic. Retrieved March 23, 2022, from https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/10/how-america-erased-the-tragic-history-of-the-zombie/412264/
- RZA, & Norris, C. (2010). The Tao of Wu. Riverhead Books.
- Vervaeke, J., Mastropietro, C., & Miscevic, F. (2017). Zombies in western culture a twenty-first Century crisis. Open Book Publishers.
- William Bishop, Kyle. (2010). The Idle Proletariat: dawn of the dead, consumer ideology, and the loss of Productive Labor. The Journal of Popular Culture, 43(2), 234–248. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5931.2010.00739.x